3.05.2012

Baring It All

The Tiny Closet is not about fitness, nutrition and wellness- and certainly not about weight loss... but those things do tend to go hand in hand whether we like it or not when it comes to enjoying fashion, style and clothes.  When I feel good about the way I look without clothing, its easier to feel good with them on.  Its easier to unleash my creativity with styles and fashion and really get into clothes!

And while I don't endorse radically changing the body to an unhealthy degree in order to satisfy a picture in one's head, I do prescribe to a good ol' fashioned revamp for looking and feeling good!  And I'm currently knee-deep in doing this!

I never show my stomach.  In fact, I don't like to show too much of my body in general.  Even while I happen to love drapey clothing, I shouldn't be resigned to wear it.  Fashion and style is about expressing oneself - not hiding behind it! Being overly self conscious, setting ludicrous standards for my self image and comparing my shape and size to that of others has limited me in fashion considerably.  All of that is just fashion buzz kill and I'm tired of it!

   So I decided to get fit, get out and get happy with what I got.  I'm no Halle or Angelina but I'm baring it all, dammit.
swimsuit by Aqua

Running two miles a day, swimming, eating juicy sweet fruits for dessert and getting some sun on my face, well it's made me my #1 fan.

Here's to a more confident, more daring Tiny Closet :)

5 comments:

  1. Dang girl! I'll have what you're having! :) You look so amazing and happy and glowy. And that bikini definitely isn't ugly! Gimme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good chica!! And good for you for taking back your power with regards to body image. I really believe that's what we as women should all do and not get too caught up in what magazines and other media are portraying. A healthy body is a fab body any day in book!! Hope you're enjoying your vacation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing! I love your confidence. I can relate to this post so much. Life is too short to not bare it all. Specially when one has a body like yours. I swear you look sooo good. This is Elen btw. I'm not sure how to comment on this thing using my name. Ill figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Elen and Ashley, and so totally get what you're saying - celebrate what chew got girl! And dang you got it!!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the look. More than anything I love how you feel about yourself - and it shows right through the camera. Ahhhhhhhh "I'm her" :) You inspire us!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ The Tiny Closet | BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNABASSDESIGN