4.17.2013

Avant Garde

Attempting to push the boundaries of my normal styling tendencies, I decided to restyle some favorite pieces of mine into a look unfamiliar.  

I think I succeeded.


An unfamiliar aesthetic made up of many of my favorite looks: 
androgyny, men's formal, minimalism, Eastern, exotic.



It was a bit hard to keep a straight face while walking around downtown in this yesterday but I have to say, it's now one of my favorite ensembles.  I felt like Charlotte Rampling!  Just so exquisitely sophisticated and mysterious and super cool.

It's outfits like these that when looking in the mirror, I see my future self.  The person I envision myself to dress like later in life, when I'm peaking and at the top of my game.  Clothes can really be interesting in that respect because they have the power to influence our behavior and state of mind.

mens shirt: PINK / harem pants: Bottega Veneta / flats: Trotters / sunnies: Rayban

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I am incredibly drawn to this weird look I've concocted.  In fact, I need to create more of these looks because it's here to stay.

6 comments:

  1. I love how your style is evolving. This look is chic and timeless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its not weird, girl! lol (..come to NY) I practically had this on yesterday :-D you hit the look right on the head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I found you again! I was browsing other blogs about a week ago and yours stayed on my mind, so I went back to the original blog I was reading (Simply Cyn) until I found her post about you. Just subscribed, I looove your style :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always a good look in my book.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ The Tiny Closet | BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNABASSDESIGN