1.16.2014

It's All In The Jacket

With Winter in full swing (as much as it can be, here in Southern Cal) I reunited with my fancy for jackets during a shopping trip to The Wasteland.


I definitely fell out of touch last year with the "jacket accessory" as I was just so caught up with, well not wearing a lot of clothing.  I've acclimated myself to the constant high temperatures here (at an alarming rate actually), but the recent nippy/freezing weather has had me searching for something chic, warm and layer-able.  

Having a blast with my new letterman jacket the other day, I also found another gem: this silk, batwing, muted dark purple jacket with zipper detailing! 
*sigh*

It's simply perfect, yes?

jacket: Zara / tank: FIDM / necklaces: thrift / harem pants: American Apparel / heels: Deisel




Putting together some jersey-stretch basics (harem pants and an oversize racerback tank top), I threw on this drapey jacket and glossy heels.  Heels will always upgrade a casual look, of course but this jacket really gave the style a more finite direction in my personal style.  My casual basics instantly turned into a chic fashion-forward look just with one piece!
*****************************************
 
Theo and I took a spontaneous trip to Seattle yesterday!  I'll be enjoying friends and family for the next week and excited to share photos of being back in our hometown.  

Have a great weekend and I'll see ya back on Monday!

9 comments:

  1. Not only on the jacket! The hairstyle is everything! Love this outfit!
    www.tributetothestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this look darling ... Your style is so effortless :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hair and the black pumps are just classic. I love the whole look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I just say that I am in love with the hair!!!?Love the effortless look of the outfit and hope you all have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorge & Fly! You are looking great lady and love the hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this look so much on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfection. I love the pants and the drapey jacket. Every time I come here you inspire me to put my harem pants on.
    xx Abby | a geek tragedy

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ The Tiny Closet | BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNABASSDESIGN