4.10.2014

Festival Shorts

With festival season near, I've been unusually very much in the spirit of its signature fashion.  Being the modern minimalist that I am, I've never really embraced folkloric, bohemian style. That is until time eventually, and inevitably changed my mind... as it tends to do with my tastes in style and fashion.

And very much in the spirit of my own style, I've been dipping my toes in new looks and pieces - tying them in with my Tiny ol' faithfuls.

tee: The Tiny Closet Collection / short: Kukuly / oxfords: CMG / nail color: "Eiffel in Love" L'Oreal 

 These "festival" shorts as I call them, are absolutely fantastic.  And if you follow my Instagrammies, you may have seen these before.  I actually showed them off a couple weeks ago while in the store LOL 

High waist, contoured in the back, colorful with tradition and handmade.  I'm in love.

The Peruvian woman I bought them from owns a store in the Garment District called Kukuly - a store I visit at least once a week to check in on all the treasures she gets, which is a lot of Peruvian styles and accessories.  Le sigh.


With this Summer-like weather we've been suddenly having in L.A., I've been wearing these shorts a lot lately.  I pair them with a cinched chambray or with my new v-neck tees I've been making for myself.  My James Perse collection is rapidly wilting under years of wear so I decided to design and make my own.  A perfect fitting tee that also flatters is incredibly hard to find.  James Perse has been my one-and-only tee soulmate.  And as much as I've been resolved in the past to spend a few hundred on a good collection of his tees, this year I finally made up my mind to design my own.  At a mere fraction of the price.  A fraction of a fraction!

Learn how to sew.  
It will change your world completely.



This chinchilla grey nail color is so classy and posh.  "Eiffel For You" by L'Oreal Paris.  I'd been eyeing it in the drugstore for weeks.  As grey/lavender is my signature nail color, if you dig this shade, you may like this previous post where I'm wearing "Yummy Mummy" by Butter.  So luxe and understated


I'm sorry I've been away recently.  I really don't like not posting but I've been so inspired lately with the 2014 S/S designs and sewing that my passions have been focused there.  I've also been Youtube surfing.  A lot.  Get ready to see more hairstyles, makeup styles and... I'm excited to show you my S/S designs too!  

See you back here on Monday :)

23 comments:

  1. Lovely as always!
    Will you ever post patterns on the tiny closet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! I probably won't post my own patterns but I get so much inspiration from Vogue and Butterick that I'll probably post those links for you to check out :)

      Delete
  2. Love these shorts on u the print is everything

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the legs. Gotta work on getting mine back into shape as they they have been hiding under pants this cold winter season. I love going into international shops and finding treasures like these and other knick-nacks for the home. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment Sanni. I just recently wore shorts for the first time this year and my legs were like 3 shades lighter! Gotta keep em tan now lol

      Delete
  4. Beautiful shorts. loving the hair too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute shorts!! Absolutely love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those shorts are tre posh--love the colorful pattern and they fit you beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like the print on the shorts....looks like something the Tiny Closet could sew up! Love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am actually trying to figure out the pattern lol!

      Delete
  8. The color is lovely. While I do not believe we MUST dress for our body type necessarily, I do think it should be a consideration, which is what makes sewing for oneself so fabulous. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I completely agree - I love experimenting with styles regardless of my shape or type. So much more fun than sticking to the rules!

      Delete
  9. Those shorts are so cute! The detailed pattern is really great with a plain tee. It's a great way to switch up the basic part of the outfit. Can't wait to see what else you have in store this season.

    *squeal*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your excitement, Chevanne! I can't wait to share this season!

      Delete
  10. If I had a pair of shorts like those, I'd strut my stuff all around town. No shame. Excellent find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Awesome. Thank you!! It's girls like you that motivate me to strut my stuff more often!

      Delete
  11. Hey, it's all in your time! I will be here when you get back.

    I love these shorts, so colorful and artistic. The Tees are gorgeous and yes, I am still plugging along at the sewing machine...well I need help!! LOL

    I can't wait to see your new hairstyles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you Shon :)) I'm happy you're still working on sewing. One girl I'm always impressed with (particularly her simplistic methods) is http://apairandasparediy.com as well as http://www.mimigstyle.com <---- she loves to teach sewing and shares her patterns and tutorials! Have fun!

      Delete
  12. "Learn how to sew. It will change your world completely." Couldn't say it any better!! Great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so excited about all three! Hair, makeup, and more on Tiny Closet. I have my Tiny Closet fund ready to buy any and everything you put out! Also you're making me miss my hair. I cut it off into a mohawk & have been wearing it blownout and flatironed mostly, but I'm loving your WNG and loved your Bantu Knot Out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the shorts but LOVE your hair!
    xo,
    May

    http://dancelikenobodyswatching.me

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ The Tiny Closet | BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNABASSDESIGN